The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Paint Wars

Young Life Club
Young Life Club
Aftermath of Paint Wars!

A new year means a new club! The young life club is a program ran all throughout the North West Ada. It is ran by groups of adults whose goals are to connect with the kids and give them a safe place to go to. Rockys Young Life Club is held on Monday nights at 7:38 with new events and activities each week. Young Life Clubs mission statement is “West Ada Young Life exists because we are a passionate group of believers with a common goal: to change the culture of West Ada secondary schools by showing kids the extravagant love of Jesus and the full life he offers.” (Young Life Club, West Ada).

One of the biggest events yet and a huge hit was Paint Wars! Paint Wars was held on August 28th and collaboratively West Ada and South West Ada hosted an incredible event. Tons of people from all over West Ada came to take part in Paint Wars. Everyone dressed up in white shirts and got their paint and started to have fun. Once everyone has paint, they chase each other around and get covered head to toe in paint.

Paint Wars was a very fun and exciting event to be part of. Sophomore at Rocky, Mya Daniel “It was super fun and I got to meet a lot of new people.” Not only was Paint Wars a fun activity but it also gave the opportunity to connect with new people and make new friends. Mya also added, “I also got to experience being covered in paint.” Going to Paint Wars was a new experience for Mya because she had never known what it felt like to be covered in paint, almost to the point of being unrecognizable. Overall, she had an amazing time at Paint Wars.

Rocky Young Life Club is bringing new and great opportunities to students and enhancing their High School experiences. They host events like Paint Wars all the time and give the opportunity to get out and experience new things. It’s an opportunity to meet other people and have a good time while being safe and surrounded by people who care about you. All in all, Rocky Young Life Club has already and will continue to bring so much to the community of Rocky Mountain.

* Text ROCKY to 208-214-6263. To get stated with Young Life Club! *