The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Meet Your New Sophomore Presidents!

Gwynn Thompson and Leighton Floto will be new leaders for the class of 2027.
Beck+Aerial%2C+Maisey+Grimmett%2C+Aubrey+Orchard%2C+Leighton+Floto%2C+and+Gwynn+Thompson++
Hallie Schrum
Beck Aerial, Maisey Grimmett, Aubrey Orchard, Leighton Floto, and Gwynn Thompson

Students at Rocky Mountain High School had recently just voted on student presidents for next school year. They are excited to welcome Gwynn Thompson as the new Sophomore President, and vice president, Leighton Floto. Thompson is going to be an amazing leader, while Floto is ready to assist Thompson. Both students have been involved in student council since her freshman year of high school, organizing fun events and advocating for the students at Rocky Mountain High School.

Thompson is next school years sophomore president. “I am excited to have a more important role in student council and to be able to bring more ideas to the table”. Thompson is glad to take on this opportunity. She can be heard more by the student council and people will use more of her ideas. She will make sure that everyone is involved, making school activities better for everyone. She is listening to her peers and keeping her ears open to ideas.

Students here at Rocky Mountain should meet the new president, as many do not know who she is as a person. “I do dance in my free time. I mainly have practice but if I am not at practice I’m hanging out with friends” Thompson is a dynamic and outgoing person. She has been competitive dancing for a while now and is a very skilled dancer. Freshman year she was on the dance team, showing off her skills representing Rocky Mountain. She enjoys the company of friends, cherishing the moments of laughter and bonding.

Floto is the sophomore classes’ new vice president, and she is thankful for the position. “My job as vice president is to assist Gwynn as president and to get sophomore involvement and ultimately help be a voice for sophomore class.” Floto is happy to take this position. She will make a positive impact and contribute to Rocky Mountain. She is going to make sure everyone is involved, and make people feel like they have a place at her school.

Floto likes to do many activities during her free time. “I like playing sports and any type of game! I like cooking, dancing, singing, playing the piano, boating in the summer, and going on bike rides.” Floto is a creative and active person.  She enjoys being outside, whether it is boating on the lake, or going for a bike ride around the town. You can also catch her singing and playing the piano.

This duo will make Rocky Mountain an even better place to go to school with the help of the student council. With Their combined leadership, they can bring in new ideas, inspire student body, and create a positive community at the school. The student council will be working their hardest to make school events fun and enjoyable for students who attend Rocky Mountain High school.

View Comments (2)