The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Secrets of Rocky: Student Store

Kayla Cunningham
Jesta Morton posing in front of the Rocky Student Store!

The student store is a Rocky special, each new school year they post posters around the school and in front of a classroom to show students that Rocky has a store you can buy from. Students from all around the school go to the store to buy food and apparel. The Rocky student store is run by the BPA members.

After interviewing a few Rocky students, some said they didn’t know it existed on the school grounds. “I didn’t know we had one to be honest”, said one student who would like to stay anonymous. “I have never seen a student here go to the store, or at least no one told me they did.” Over the course of the interview, others chimed in saying they haven’t seen people go into the store to buy things, either.

The Rocky store takes cash, and something known as grizzbucks. Grizzbucks are a Rocky currency that you can spend at the store. They are given out to students who receive good grades, win a game in class, or are given for good behavior.

Teagan Smith, a junior at Rocky, said, “I have a total of two grizzbucks.” He stated, “Yeah, I have no idea where the student store is, I literally just got these for winning a blooket.”  When pointed in the direction of the store, he simply stated, “Oh, I just never have time to go there since my lunch and breaks are always so busy.”

Andrea Disney, another junior here at Rocky, said, “I’ve been at least once, and honestly it looks pretty cool.” She explained how the student store looked really cool, and overall it strives her to get more grizzbucks for.

Rocky is divided between this topic; some go there, and some don’t even know what it is. The BPA put lots of hard work into this, and they are very proud of the student store, so stop by to check it out!