The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

5 steps to make your dance planning easier.

Time to plan!
Maci Robbins
The step by step processes of how to plan a dance!

step 1: To start off with, you need to have a set group/person you’re going with. This makes it a lot easier to know who’s going and make sure they don’t cancel on you to make your plans harder to move around. If you’re asking someone, you will need to make a poster but that does not take too long, go to your local dollar tree or grocery store to pick up the supplies. Also if you already paid for everything it sucks because it just wastes money if someone cancels.

Step 2: Get your outfit. Getting your outfit all together is a lot harder than it sounds. First you should probably pick about 2-3 colors that could be options to wear. Also get a set time to go and buy what you need to wear. Don’t forget about the shoes. Usually, you should go with the same color as your outfit or something that would match, for example: black, white, or tan.

Step 3: Reservations, if you are planning on going to dinner, and maybe top golf, bowling, or any other activities before the dance you’re going to want to reserve it. This is important because many other groups are probably planning to do the same thing as you and the probability is places will be busy.

Step 4: Getting ready. When getting ready you want to set a good time out for it. obviously getting ready for an event or a dance in this case. Setting aside time will help reduce your stress and it will also help with getting plans finalized. Also, with the people you are going with also have time ahead to get ready and know when and where they are supposed to be beforehand.

step 5: Take pictures and HAVE FUN! For taking pictures have fun with them and you can even go to a simple park to take them. It’s not the background that matters it the memories in the pictures that do. After pictures this is when the time comes for fun and enjoy the time with your friends. You only have so many Highschool dances in your life so sit back, have fun, and enjoy the time.