The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Winter Fun

Rocky students give tips and tricks to having fun during winter.
Jesta Morton
Paige Marshall, a 9-year-old girl, is enjoying the lights in Canada.

Rocky students come up with the perfect ways to have fun during winter. It is always hard to accomplish, it is cold outside, snowy, and wet. Who could have fun with that? But don’t sit and worry, rocky students have come up with the perfect ways to have fun. One such person that finds exhilarating ways to have the time of her life is Gabby Plante, a junior, said “I like to sled and I also like to go around and look at lights.” Winter is hard enjoy on its own, but Plante has found a way to make it worthwhile, “I want to learn how to ski, but that is far ahead in my life,” she said. “Snowboarding is my main goal this year, is to learn how to snowboard.” In the end, participating in winter activities with friends or family can always be fun and a life-long tradition.

From winter activities to letting the excitement out during Christmas, Madilynn Messmer, freshman, and part of the newspaper team, has been celebrating Christmas for quite a while, “I started celebrating Christmas when I was able to speak.” She gave insight on how Christmas can get overwhelming with everybody always running around. “Finding gifts for my family is really hard and I always get super stressed out and procrastinate it,” Messmer said. Not only is celebrating fun but letting all that excitement out and having fun doing so by participating in festive winter activities can be even more important if granted. “Me and my family go tubing at Gateway Parks in Eagle,” Messmer said, “Tubing and sledding are by far my favorite and also looking at lights.”

All these activities, from celebrating Christmas to joining friends and family for a memory she won’t forget, Karlie Lamm (a junior at Rocky Mountain) said, “I can do more with friends than family because my family is strict.” In addition to new memories, Lamm has also made up for lost ones. “Every first Monday of December we go see lights, my dad made it up,” she said. Through winter and Christmas, people get to regain that sense of childhood. Part of these activities bring people all together in a heartwarming way that unlocks those new core memories. And people can keep those memories until it is time to make new ones.

View Comments (2)