The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Black Friday 2023:

Top Holiday Gifts and Deals of the Season
50% off for Black Friday 2023 (Marco Verch )

It’s the season for giving, but it’s also the season for everybody’s favorite time of the year, Black Friday. Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, where the biggest holiday deals come up. So, what are this year’s top holiday deals?

Black Friday may still be a week away, but deals are still popping up everywhere. Many teens have said that the top clothing and/or shoe brand that they have been waiting to go on sale is Nike. This year Nike has given online shoppers early access to their big Black Friday sale. FanNation Kicks, a website that focuses on top show brands said, “From November 12-18, Nike members can save up to 60% on select items by signing in and using the code “ACCESS.” There are many shoes that are going on sale, but the top 3 from Nike are: Air Jordans, Airforce 1s and Mid ’77 Blazers.

Savannah Thueson, a freshman at Rocky said, “I think the top deals I’m excited to get would be like New Birkenstocks, or Nike’s Jordans. I also want to get some new jeans, probably from Levi’s. I really want some Nike leggings. I would also really like got get some Converse.” Other popular brands going on sale include Apple, with the 2nd Generation Airpods, Ugg’s boots, Stanley Cups, Carhartt, and Ulta with 40% off makeup, fragrance, and skincare.

Amazon also has great Black Friday deals, like the Apple Watch Series 9, Apple MacBook Air, Apple Magsafe dual charger, Apple iPad, PlayStation DualSense Wireless Controller and PS5 + Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Bundle. Engadget, a black Friday deal website said, “Amazon has discounted a bunch of PlayStation DualSense controllers ahead of Black Friday, including many of the colorways that typically go for $75. You can pick up Cosmic Red, Starlight Blue, Nova Pink and other models for $50 each, which is just about a record-low price. These controllers work with the PS5 as well as PC, and they sport adaptive L2 and R2 triggers, haptic feedback and a built-in mic array.” These are just some of Amazon’s amazing deals, which will only grow as we get closer to Black Friday.

All in all, Black Friday is a great time of the year, especially with Christmas coming, to get some early shopping with some great deals, with many more to come.