The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Forever in Spirit

Rocky students explain why Halloween is still fun.
    Jesta Morton
    Paige Marshall and Chloe Alford, siblings, prepared for the time of their life on Halloween.

Who doesn’t love Halloween? With all its candy, scares, and family time, Halloween has a lot to offer. It connects with a lot of people and brings them together in a way other holidays cannot. Not only do we get to celebrate Halloween, but there is also a pre-game, called Trunk-Or-Treat. One such person that got to experience Trunk-Or-Treat is Karlie Lamm (a junior at Rocky Mountain) she says, “I went to a trunk or treat in my neighborhood.”  Even though trick or treating is seen as a child’s activity, Lamm has found a way to enjoy it as a teenager, “I love little kids,” She said. “I dressed up as the Devil and it definitely scared the kids which was funny but also cute.” As you can see, all these little things make up fun and exciting Halloween experiences that extend to all age groups.

From trunk or treating to growing up with a family that has Halloween spirit, Lily Woodbury, junior, has been celebrating Halloween for a long time. “I started trick or treating at like 1 or 2, when your parents choose what costume you wear.” She commented on how Halloween has changed as she’s gotten older. “My favorite part about Halloween at my age right now is hanging out with friends,” Woodbury said. Not only are friends more fun than family at this age but costumes are no longer a trend. “In the 4th grade I was a vampire princess,” Woodbury said,  “and from there on I have always loved it, but I don’t wear it anymore.”

Keira Bostrom (a junior at Rocky Mountain) who also had the whole Halloween experience this year said, “I went to my friend’s house and hung out, me and my friends dressed up as Magic Mike.” In addition to new traditions, Bostrom has also participated in old ones. “We went doorbell ditching,” Bostrom said.  Older generations would be proud.  Halloween lives in all of us, whether it is through memories or experience, Halloween is truly always in spir