The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

HOSA Accomplishments

When the hard work pays off
HOSA+Accomplishments

This year so many of Rocky’ s students that are in HOSA went to the state competition. They did amazing work and so many of Rocky’s students were placed.

People who placed are…

1st–  Lisa Radek in researched persuasive speaking and writing

2nd– Ella Wickam in human hereditary test

3rd– Corbin Scott in biology test, Aidyn Ybarlucea in human heredity test

Top 5th– Brooklyn Poole in Pathophysiology, Ava Kislia and Mackayla Scheibley in Health Education

These students worked so hard to get where they are at, and they all felt so glad that their hard work paid off.

Corbin Scott said, “I was actually really surprised that I placed where I did but I’m really glad the hard work paid off”.

Scott thought that even though he worked so hard to do good he didn’t think he was going to the place where he did. He was glad that all the time and effort he put in paid off.

These students didn’t just go for the competition, they went for the fun and experience too. When not doing things for their competitions there where labs they participated in that the students thought were really cool.

Brooklyn Poole said,” I did the biology lab which was like a cadaver lab and it was really cool, there also were labs to make slime and bath bombs, the experience was amazing and would so do it again”.

Poole explained that the labs they offered to the students that attended were lots of fun and interesting and definitely made the experience for her and a lot of other students.

Then there’s the people that have been planning for this their whole lives. Aidyn Ybarlucea explained that he had been taking classes for this test for a very long time to help ensure he did a good job.

Ybarlucea said,” I knew I was going to win I had been preparing for a long time”.

This shows the students and rocky success and how their experience was with being in the   HOSA competition. Our school hopes to have more people join HOSA next year so more people can achieve the things these students did.