The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Teenagers Spend Hundreds on Shein and Temu

How companies, such as Shein and Temu, have swept Rocky students off their feet.
SHEIN
A look at Shein’s Website

Since COVID-19, online shopping has become a staple. The pandemic shut down everything, but online shopping remained because of its simplicity. Customers can place an item in their cart, add their shipping information, and that item can be at your doorstep within a couple of days!

Companies such as Shein have skyrocketed in the current age, promising quality products with dirt-cheap prices.

Val Patillo, a junior at Rocky Mountain, says that, “The prices are really cheap.”

Faith Rice, a freshman, says that, “For the price, Shein and Temu are good.”

The promising prices may be intriguing, but this process has a dark side. From collecting personal data, to unsafe working conditions, fast-fashion companies have sparked some controversies.

Are the cheap prices and clothes worth it?

Rice says that, “Temu has a lot cheaper quality than Shein. The quality is not good, but for a two-time use, it’s fine. ”

On the contrary, Patillo says that, “Shein has pretty short-lasting quality, but Temu is pretty good.”

When asked when she bought from an online shopping platform, Rice says that, “I bought from Shein around 2 weeks ago, and I bought from Temu a month ago.”

Patillo says, “I have a package from Temu coming right now!”

So, the big question is, is it worth it?

Rice says, “Honestly, no. Shein maybe, if you really need clothes, but Temu absolutely not.”

Unlike Rice, Patillo says, “Yeah, I think so. Even though it’s bad, some stuff is cute.”

In all, Shein and Temu have become major companies that has have cheap prices and quick delivery. Have you ever bought from Shein? How was your experience?

View Comments (2)