The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

End of The Year Recap!

Students around Rocky express their emotions about the 2023-2024 school year.
Leo Woods
Students in the student section at a football game which is some of their favorite parts of this year! pictured: Tanner Thorton and Brady Abbott

T-minus 10 days left of the 2023-2024 school year! Summer is just around the corner. The end of the year brings stress, but some relief and this year has brought many fun memories for students around Rocky. Some may say it’s been a roller coaster, but others could admit it was quite easy.

Tessa Dunlop (Junior) had a chance to talk about her favorite, and least favorite parts of this year. “My favorite part was hanging out with friends, going to football games, and getting to do all of the school events but my least favorite part was doing school work.” Dunlop explains after her senior year she would like to go to college and pursue something in the medical field.

Next, Bella Haener (freshman) explained her highlights of this year. “My favorite part of the year was the beginning of the year with all of the football games.”  For advice for the incoming freshman she says, “I recommend getting to know people in your classes even if you have never talked to them because the classes become more fun with the more friends you have.”

A senior, Gunnar Thompson, said, “My favorite part of this year was the senior campout with the “boys”, since Thompson is a senior, he had some strong feelings to say about what should be changed. “The student body lacked getting events together and making people show up, for it being my senior year I was disappointed in the lack of things going on to get students involved.” Thompson added, “For incoming highschoolers or incoming seniors don’t take hard classes unless you’re super smart, GPA matters a lot.” Lastly, Thompson mentioned he will be attending Louisiana State University in the fall to pursue his football career.

All in all, the 2023-2024 school year was a wild ride. There were laughs, cries, and much more. From the toughest assignments to the easiest. Seeing seniors leave to watching new freshman come. With all the fun dances and school games in between. There was a little bit of joy in everything for all students at Rocky.