The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Senior Advice for Lower Classmen

Pexels
A student helping another student with registration.

It has been said that many students get lost through the years of high school, getting confused and not knowing what to do. Well Luckly we have seniors that can share their stories and give advice to those who might be lost.

Some advice from Chase Oxsen, 12th Grader, “Focus on your more core classes, classes like speech and P.E so that in your later years you can take elective classes you want to take.” Many seniors emphasize that you take your core classes first. Mostly for the fact that if you do you can take the classes you want to take at the end of your high school experience. To add on, the availability of online summer school makes it easy for you to complete your core classes in your free time, so you have time for those electives.

“Just finish your work, if you stay on top of your homework and class work you will be fine.” Many students, not just seniors, state that it is important to stay on top of your work, and that doing class work is important. Many classes give a lot of homework or class work. “In my beginning years I had fell behind really bad and it was hard to keep my grade up” Many upper classmen said. With this being one of the main reason students are having a hard time in school this piece of advice is critical. When asking, many students said that they don’t really care about their home work and just focus on studying for the test.

Chase Oxsen also said, “If you feel that you are up for the challenge you can take AP classes, as well as collage classes that don’t make the class harder, just makes it so you keep the credit going into collage.” AP classes are classes made to challenge and help students who want to go to college and get a good grade and understanding of something the standard class couldn’t teach. Collage classes are just normal classes that will transfer your credits to the college of your choice, just so that you don’t have to redo the class in the future.

With all this advice with schoolwork, classes, and extra curriculars, you should be able to go through high school without a worry. Now think about what advice you can give the lower grades when you become a senior and do what you want to do.