The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

A Trip to The Moon

Kayla Cunningham
Solid Rock presents the amazing ‘A Trip to the Moon play’.

Have you ever wondered what people were doing when Neil Armstrong took his first steps on the moon? Well, ‘A Trip to The Moon’ answers all your questions! They have many acts portraying characters experiencing different views as the play goes on. For example, there’s a normal everyday family, Vietnam soldiers going off to war, a hippie concert, and a marriage proposal scene.

Many of the actors seemed to have an amazing time during each performance, Skyler Holland, a Junior here at Rocky, explained that everyone loved the crowds laughing at their jokes. When asked about how opening night went, “I wasn’t as prepared I thought I would be. There were a few mistakes that I wish I did differently.”  When seeing how long it took to set up the play, “It took around 42 hours outside of school, and around 22 and a half inside of school.”

The show doors opened at 6:30 and started at 7 pm. It was an hour and a half runtime and kept people entertained. From their hilarious jokes to all their amazing performances, it was a show that you wouldn’t want to miss out on seeing.

Van Andrews-Padron, a Senior, stated “I was absolutely not prepared to perform, but the show must go on. I was excited but also very stressed out.”  He explained how he put over 100 hours into preparing for the performance. When asked if people should go into acting, “Yes, I recommend it if you have free time and want to dedicate most of your time to it.”

Overall, the show went according to plan as it seemed, they had their ups and downs, but they say it was very successful. Amelie Dobler, a junior from advanced stagecraft, stated “All in all, it went great. The show was very successful, and the audience was very interactive.” When asked how long it took to build the sets she said, “It took around 9 hours each day after school for a few weeks, honestly I think the set shows that.”

It seems that since this show was so successful, they’ll learn from this and try and make more amazing shows happen in the future.