The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Freshman Survival Guide

Freshman Survival Guide
Via Canva.com

What do freshman need to survive their first year of high school? On Aug. 16, 2023, there were many new incoming freshmen, and they might need some advice. Freshman year is sometimes the scariest year of high school. Some students were questioned about how they got through their freshman year, and how they can help you get through yours.

Jordyn Birk, a junior at rocky gives her advice for incoming freshman. “I would say Take the work seriously and have fun because it’s your first year. Something that helped me was to get a planner to stay organized. One thing I wish I knew freshman year was that I could take classes to get ahead of school.”

Next sophomore Charli Russel shares her advice on this topic. “I would say go to events, get involved, and have fun. One thing that helped me get through my freshman year was having good friends and being involved in everything. One thing that helped me as a freshman was finding classes and making sure I knew where I was.”

Then our last round of advice for freshman, sophomore Reagan Morin says: “Live your life to the fullest. Freshman year is the start of the best 4 years of your life. Go to football games and make the most memories you can. One thing that got me through freshman year was having a good group of friends you can always count on. I also wish I knew that I could take collage classes and take classes during the summer to graduate early.”

Well freshman, make the most of your year, make good friends, and focus on working hard with your classes. Good luck, you’re going to be great in your freshman year!