The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Is the Weather Bipolar?

Alicia Minert
Rocky students walk around campus in the rain.

Over the past month, the weather has constantly been changing. Specifically, in Idaho, there has been drastic differences in temperature. One week, there will be a high of 68 degrees and sunny and the next week the high will be 40 degrees and rainy. This random weather has affected how Rocky students live daily and has forced them to adapt to their environment. Intrigued by these temperature changes in Boise, students were questioned as to how they have been impacted.

When freshman, Ellie Hoopes, was asked how she felt about the weather changing, she responded that the inconsistences in the weather are annoying, “Because one day it’s hot and the next it’s rainy and cold. I prefer warmer weather because I enjoy being outside and playing sports.” Then, Hoopes shared her thoughts on climate change and how it affects the weather, explaining, “I’m not sure why the weather has been changing rapidly or how climate change affects it, but I know that climate change is a shift in temperature and weather patterns.” Hoopes provides strong points as to how the weather affects her and why she prefers warm weather over cold weather.

Another Rocky student, a sophomore, Hailey Soto, gave insight on her opinions regarding the recent weather, replying, “I like that the weather is changing and getting warmer. I would say I prefer colder weather because you can layer clothes, but in summer, you are just miserable and hot. The weather has affected me a little bit with what clothes I can wear but not much.” Later, Soto commented on climate change, saying that she doesn’t know why the weather is drastically changing, but she thinks, “climate change is a factor.” Hailey shares her thoughts on how the weather affects what she chooses to wear, and why she thinks climate change is a partial cause of the changing weather.

Lastly, freshman, Gage Grimmett, replied with his thoughts on the changing weather, noting, “I like the change in weather with it getting warmer, but I prefer to stay in and not go outside.” Next, Grimmett explained his opinions on climate change, adding, “I think that climate change is a factor to the weather changing. It is shown through Idaho’s many seasons.” Grimmett shares an interesting perspective on the weather rapidly changing and how it pertains to Idaho.

Overall, it seems as though the weather will continue to change with temperatures hopefully increasing. Students at Rocky represent people who are affected by this weather. Climate change appears to be somewhat of a reason to why the temperature has been rapidly changing and why the weather recently has been “bipolar”.