The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Baking with Christmas Spirit

Christmas Cookies Bringing Happiness to Students

Baking Christmas cookies is not just a culinary tradition, it is a joyous and fun activity that brings families and friends together during the holiday season. There are several reasons why baking Christmas cookies is an enjoyable experience that creates lasting memories.

Baking Christmas cookies allows for creativity. With a variety of cookie shapes and decorations to choose from, everyone can put their own unique spin on their creations. Some like the simpler treats though. Senior Jake Lloyds says, “My favorite Christmas cookies to make are chocolate chip because you can’t go wrong with a classic”. Children, especially, are funny to bake and decorate with. Junior Natali Madrigal has a little sister. She says, “Decorating with my sister is always fun since she uses all types of sprinkles and colors just for one cookie”.

Jake Lloyd’s favorite cookie to bake during the holidays, a classic chocolate chip. (Jake Lloyd)

The anticipation and excitement leading up to the baking day is another reason why making Christmas cookies is so much fun. Owen Iverson, a Senior, recalls, “Last year was fun, my friends and I used baking cookies as an excuse to hang out, but it ended up leaving me with some good memoires”. The planning, gathering of ingredients, and anticipation of the result, creates a sense of holiday magic. The entire process becomes an event to look forward to, building holiday spirit.

The smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the house evokes feelings of nostalgia. The sound of laughter and conversation as family members work together in the kitchen adds to the enjoyment. Also, of course, the taste of the finished cookies, whether enjoyed warm from the oven or shared with loved ones, it is simply delightful.

Brianna’s Christmas cookies this year! (Brianna Murray)

Baking Christmas cookies provides an opportunity to share and spread joy. Senior Brianna Murray, “Baking brings people together and they are great gifts for others. My favorite to make our sugar cookies”. Gifting homemade cookies to friends and neighbors brings happiness to others. The act of giving and sharing is a fundamental part of the holiday season, and baking cookies is a delicious and heartfelt way to do so.

In conclusion, baking Christmas cookies is not just about the result, but the entire process. It is a fun-filled activity that brings families and friends together, encourages creativity, builds anticipation, and allows for sharing and spreading joy. So, gather your loved ones, and let the baking adventure begin!

View Comments (1)