The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Who Will Be Your Sweetheart?

Sweethearts is a dance that occurs around Valentines Day. It is an event where girls ask guys to a dance. Sometimes it’s with a poster, and sometimes they just ask. This year the dance is being held at High Desert Station (6780 Willis Rd, Star). All schools are invited to attend the dance that lasts from 7:30pm- 11:00pm.

Some people at Rocky choose not to go to this dance because it’s not being held on campus. Azaiah Zimmerman said, “I would go if the dance was at Rocky but its being held somewhere else.” Naomi Capps was asked, “What colors do you think go with The Sweethearts Dance the best?” She said, “Pink and Red definitely match because it’s like Valentines Day colors.” Besides Homecoming and Prom, Sweethearts is the dance that people, especially couples, look forward to. Being able to spend quality time with your partner or friends is a very important memory to have and it’s even more fun to make!

Many have said going to school dances are a waste of time, a cliche, and a waste of money. On the contrary, school dances can be fun, as it gives you and your friends a chance to dress up, feel special, and have a great time with others from school. It also gives you a chance to spend time with peers you may have not talked to in school. Not to mention that it gives you a break from schoolwork and homework and allows you to just have fun. However, on the downside, the bigger school dances such as Winter Formal and Prom can be pricey. Just one ticket can put a dent in many pockets. Although it is important to save for the bigger events, especially if you want a memorable day with friends and peers. Just a reminder going to Winter Formal and Prom is not a necessity to create memorable moments with friends, but it can be one of the few chances to have fun with your peers from school.

Some people don’t choose to go to sweethearts, and they just go to dinner. That’s what many students at Rocky will end up doing.

Whether you decide to go to a school dance or not, remember that that high school is stressful and it’s worth going to a school dance even just one. High school is only four years so make the best of it!