The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Lions & Ravens Devastating Loss on the Way to Superbowl

(This is the Ravens throwing the football against the Lions in 2016). https://flickr.com/photos/27003603@N00/29243958126
Keith Allison

There were many opinions from the Rocky students on the NFL teams, The Lions, and Ravens, because they didn’t like the other teams they played right before the Superbowl. Joseph Chandler (Sophomore) said, “I think the Ravens should’ve beaten the 49ers, because they have worked so hard and to see them lose is pretty sad”. Other rocky students were direct about this topic and a lot of them had the same response as Joseph.

When the Lions played the Chiefs, many students were voting towards one team in specific to win. Justice Jones said, “I really wanted the Lions to win because, the Chiefs have been to the Superbowl way too many times, and I don’t want to see Taylor Swift on tv after every play”. The Lions have been underdogs since the team was made, and to see them this close to being in a Superbowl was exciting to the football world.

Rocky students had opinions about the players of these two specific teams. Eli Forstrom (Sophomore) said,” The quarterback for the Ravens, Lamar Jackson, could’ve played so much better, he missed reads, made bad decisions, missed throws he usually makes, and wasn’t himself. He had too much pressure and couldn’t handle it”. The quarterbacks for each team had a lot of pressure on their shoulders, but they failed to succeed.

The Lions come from having a losing season, to a winning season and that was from good coaching and good mindsets. The Ravens came from having a decent last season to an even better season. Chandler said, “Both teams should have more respect next season because they were known as underdogs and to have such a great season as they did, the other NFL teams should put more respect on their names. They could have another good winning season so they should watch out”. These teams work all year, they build up relationships with their team, and form good work ethics, and they are motivated from their past seasons, so it’s incredible to see what these teams have overcome and become a better team.

There were also some rocky students who didn’t know about these teams, and they still gave a reasonable response, and it was interesting to hear their point of view towards this topic. Owen Wells said, “Honestly, I don’t really understand the NFL, but I’ve seen so many videos about the Lions and hearing people say how they want them to win because they don’t want to see the Chief’s quarterback Patrick Mahomes back in the Superbowl.  My answer is, I want the lions to win because I’ve heard the most about this team and so why not join that train”.

With all of this information given by the Rocky Mountain students there was a clear understanding that majority wanted the 49ers and the Ravens to go to the Superbowl.

View Comments (2)