The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Exploring worldwide St. Lukes

children that are struggling from cancer, RSV, Respiratory syncytial, diabetes can be deprived of multiple traditions and holidays. Children who might not be able to relive these traditions and holidays. So how can we help create a fun atmosphere and encouraging environment for these kids?

Well, a simple and easy way is donating to different foundations that help these kids like Saint Luke’s (Santa’s toy box), marine force reserves (toys for tots) and the Ronald McDonald’s house. These are just a few of countless foundations, there are charities everywhere each working hard to help sick kids have a fun and memorable Christmas.

We interviewed a few doctors and safety staff members at Saint Lukes about the children hospital, donations and work environment. Injury prevention worker Lacey Williams said “under this department we manage programs that help, keep kids safe. So we often donate helmets and medication lock boxes, and even car seats. We are also one of the many department’s helpings with the donation process and helping the slickly”.

The same member was interviewed about the donation process and about how much support they’ve had this year. Also, about if she thinks spreading word about donations would help the process. She said, “it’s kind of like a historically known thing, so it doesn’t need to be shared, partners plan to contribute so most of the stuff we get is already pretty available.”

Currently you can donate anything from a pencil case to a tv, most the time they are full of donations and have everything they need. If they are full there are still many ways to help, an easy way is showing up to help wrap the presents that will make a kid’s week.