The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Christmas Traditions

Opening one present on Christmas eve, secret Santa, building gingerbread houses and family coming home for the holidays. These are all many different examples of Christmas traditions done every year by millions of people all over the world. Christmas traditions are very common in the USA. Over 45% of the world celebrate Christmas in their own form whether its Classic Christmas, Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah.  Many students take part in their own special Christmas traditions, especially here at Rocky Mountain High school. They all got the question, “Do you have a special Christmas tradition that you celebrate with your family every year on Christmas or before Christmas?”.

Dayton Robbinson, a freshman at Rocky Mountain shared his Christmas tradition, “Every year on Christmas eve my dad makes gumbo for my family.”

Another freshman at Rocky Mountain, Kaitlynn Kincaid, also shared her family tradition. “On Christmas eve every year my family and I make paper snowflakes and hang them up, so we wake up to them on Christmas morning.”

Lastly a Rocky Mountain freshman that got interviewed was Kooper Kirsch, “My favorite Christmas tradition that I do with my family is the weekend before Christmas, we all make gingerbread houses and see who can make the best one.”

So, there are many different Christmas traditions done. You can bake something, cook, and decorate you house a little more. There are no limits to what you can do and turn into Christmas traditions, like opening one present on Christmas eve, secret Santa, and family coming home for the holidays are all the most common ones that family’s all over the world do.

All in all, no matter what it is your doing or who you are with, it just matters if you’re having fun with your family. So….. I challenge you to start or bring back an old tradition that will be lots of fun. Merry Christmas!