The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

No More Empty Plates!

Google Images
Canned Food drive items for a hotel!

Over the holidays, some unfortunate families go hungry. It could potentially be laid off from their job, spending too much on presents instead of essentials, or another reason. Over the span of years, people have run holiday charities to be able to help out families in need. There are many types of charities that accept certain items.

Some of the charities do food donations, toys for children, money donations, feminine hygiene products, clothing, and much more. Sydney Benson, a Junior at Rocky Mountain High School, said “A lot of these charities go to families in need, and to hopefully get them out of the place they’re in.” She gave a list of charities that go into donating to hospitals or other homes of children.

The Meridian Food Bank is able to play a big part in helping out families with food such as beans, fruit, mac n cheese, cereal, soup, rice, and much more. They are very passionate about what they do and want to help out anyone in need. Everyone in charge of the Meridian Foodbank stated that “They love what they do. Helping people is the whole point of this charity.”

Toys for Tots, a well-known charity, donates whatever toys they collect and donates them to local hospital children who can’t get any gifts. You can find toys for tots’ boxes around the mall or some stores, and most times always have gifts in them already.

Over the course of the holiday season, a lot of charities get recognized for their compassion to others. Although you get nothing from donating, you still feel morally satisfied with the outcome.

View Comments (2)