The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

What is your New Year’s resolution?

Gwynn+Thompson+writing+her+new+years+resolution.+
Maci Robbins
Gwynn Thompson writing her new year’s resolution.

New Year’s resolutions. Many people have them and many say they will stick to them. But do they really? According to history.com, new year’s resolutions have been around for 4,000 years! What are new year’s resolutions? New year’s resolutions are goals and or resolutions that people set before the new year starts so they can be “better”. Many people’s resolutions are, “I’m going to eat better” or “I will save more money. Students from rocky mountain were questioned on the topic; Do you think people follow their New Year’s resolutions?

Multiple people answered, “No, I don’t think many people actually follow their new years resolution.” new year’s resolutions are supposed to be followed, (Obviously). So, new year’s resolutions should be easy and something realistic for the people to follow and keep up with.

Gwynn Thompson, a freshman at rocky was questioned, what is your new year’s resolution.” My new year’s resolution is to put more dedication into dance. I would like to put more dedication to dance because competition season is coming up soon. Also, along with dance I would also like to focus on school.”

Jackson Williams, another freshman at rocky answered with, “I want to grow further and better in life. Not just what I do but also how to become a better person.”

So, do people follow their new Year’s resolutions or do they just say. And a lot of people set them. Well, new year’s resolutions are supposed to be something easy and something you can stick with that will benefit you each year to be a better person. So, all in all many think people do not follow their new year’s resolutions. And many set them and say they will follow them, but we all know that they probably won’t, but who knows. They could end up following through with it.

View Comments (2)