The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Senior Night

Maci Robbins
As the sun sets, players; Zack schledewitz, Drew Russell, Taeshaun Reese, Kade Benedick Pavel Flores, Asher Able, Hunter Gallegos, and Jonas Lockhart are focused waiting on the sideline, watching their teammates run the ball.

Senior Night, a night that many people look forward to, especially seniors, obviously. There is two Senior Nights, one for football and one for basketball. On Thursday November 5th, the seniors on the Rocky varsity football team were recognized and honored. Senior Night last year, Rocky’s football team went against Timberline and won 49-0. Rocky really came in with a swoop last year, so everybody was hoping they would do just as good this year.

There were 24 seniors, and they were walked out by their parents and siblings. The parents had custom t-shirts, pretty flowers, and even big signs of their senior’s face. The game was against Meridian High School. (one of Rockys biggest competitors). Rocky did end the game with a loss 27-17. Many people love watching senior night games because the players go extra hard, to win for the seniors last high school game. The people in the stands were yelling and cheering.

Some students answered the question “How do you think the game went even though they lost? “Yes, I do think the game went well even though they lost.” “I feel like they played their best and tried very hard.” Three students stated.

On the other hand, some students did not feel the same way. “I don’t think it was the best game, they needed to put the starting Quarter Back in the beginning, the team would have done probably much better with him starting out the game.”

The last student had a mixed opinion on the game. “I do think it was a good game overall but, the last 30 seconds of the game they should have fought harder for that last winning touchdown. If they had of fought a little harder, I really do believe they could have won it.”

All in all, for some, the game was a success even though they lost. Some gave their opinions on how they thought differently, and others thought both good and bad. So, maybe next year they can rise back to the top again and redeem themselves from this year.

View Comments (4)