The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Rocky Students Feeling the Weather Change

Students weigh in on the impact of the weather
Lindsey Harman
the leaves are starting to fall, and the weather is starting to change holidays are coming any going. and new sports are starting.

Stella Camberlango and Hannah Hekking have noticed the weather changing this fall and don’t want others or themselves to be cold. “The weather has impacted me because it’s cold outside, so I get to wear hoodies. Yay!”, said Hekking, sophomore. Camberlango, senior, agrees.  “The cold weather has made it so I can finally wear cute outfits and it makes me so happy,” she said. These students think the weather change has impacted them in a good way; however, Nava Frank, junior, disagreed. “The weather has impacted me negatively because I have to dress warmer, so I don’t get to be as expressive when I dress.”

As it gets colder, students tend to dress warmer, and they have favorite brands for the cold weather. “My favorite brand is Levi’s because my favorite winter coat is from there”, said Camberlango.

Frank ‘s favorite is Carhartt even though she doesn’t own any. “I borrow from my friends,” she said.

Name brands aren’t an option for the homeless, a fact which is not lost on Hekking. “There probably cold because they can’t afford proper winter attire and maybe food is not as easy to get to them”, she said.

“The weather has probably affected the less fortunate very negatively and made their lives very difficult, especially people who are without homes or enough food to feed their families”, said Camerlango.

As this is an issue Hekking and her family help donate and volunteer to make sure the homeless have a full belly for the holidays.

View Comments (5)