The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Powder Puff!

Football+on+the+field.+
Google images
Football on the field.

The powder puff game took place on the 18th of Sept. at 7 p.m. The powder puff game is a game made up of only girls. It’s flag football for juniors and senior’s girls. Flag football is normally non-contact sport. The powder puff game is annual and only happens once a year at Rocky Mountain.

The game might only come around every so often, but it doesn’t make it any less of a big deal to its players. The players are always very excited to play in the game since there is no girl’s football. This is the only time that they get to play a form of it at a school event. The powder puff game was juniors vs. Seniors.

Powder Puff players had to pay a $20 admissions fee and to see the game fans had to pay $5 sum. The game lasted about an hour and a half since it went into double overtime. The game came to a tie. The game was disappointing for a few because of the draw especially because they can’t find out who would’ve won. Carli Messmer, a senior stated that she was confident that the seniors were going to win because of the practices. Although the seniors performed better in the practices they still tied. This either means that the juniors under preformed in practices or that they were more motivated to win.

Ari Siwek a senior, states that she was happy with her performance since she was the only one to score a senior touchdown. She was very proud of herself, but she was very disappointed with the draw. This game might have seemed not very important to the people of rocky but it was important to the players. This is something that people look forward to. If you like football and are a girl than powder puff could be very fun for you!

View Comments (2)