Rocking Movies At Rocky

Students surveyed stated that “action, horror, and comedy” were the best genres of movies.

Alex Orchard, Reporter

For those who got so busy with life this last year and that need to catch up with the new movies, this article is for you. Many of you might be wondering what the top movies are this year, where to watch them, and even things like what is the best genre of movie? Do not worry, you are not alone. All these questions and more will be answered in this article through interviews and surveys.  

Juliann Orchard, sophomore at Rocky, loves to play sports and be active but also loves watching movies. Orchard said, “the theater is the best place to watch a movie is because it doesn’t make you feel like you are lazy.” After being asked what the best genre was, she replayed with, “comedy for many reasons.” It keeps your attention, it is relaxing and not stressful, and they usually have famous actors you know. Her favorite movie that came out this year was “Jungle Cruise”: “It was funny, enjoyable, and creative,” she said. Finally, when asked how many movies she has watched this year she replied with, “about 8.” 

Mya Thornton, senior at Rocky, has always been interested in horror and the scary sides of things. Thornton said, “horror is the best genre by far.” Her favorite type of horror movie is about “possessions and demons. “She says watching them in the theater is the best because “you get the full effect of scary. “After being asked why horror movies are the best, Thornton said, “They get your adrenaline going, they make you curious, and they can be based on a true story. Her favorite movie that came out this year was “Black Widow”: “It had good character build, well played actors, and it was attention grabbing story,” she said. Lastly, when ask how many movies she has watched this year Thornton said, “close to 12 or 13.” 

The top three movies that came out this year are “Free Guy”, “Dune”, and “A Quiet Place 2”. The movie “Free Guy” is about a man who realizes he is a non-player character in a video game and gains conscientious and tries to escape. “Dune” is about a smart and talented young man who must risk his life to secure the future of his family and his people fighting over a precious resource. Then lastly, the “A Quiet Place 2” is a sequel to the first “Quiet Place” and it shows how a family tries to survive and find safety after earth has been inhabited by aliens who can’t see, but have acute hearing. 

Rocky’s students, after being interviewed and surveyed, answered our questions. The best place to watch a movie is in the “comfort of your own home” rather than in the theater. The essential candy to get for your movie is “M&M, Milk Dud’s, and licorice.” Students surveyed stated that “action, horror, and comedy” were the best genres of movies. So, when picking out the movie, consider one of the best new 2021 movies.