The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Yearbook Club is Passing out Rocky Mountains 2024 Yearbooks

Yearbooks are being distributed to students who ordered them
Rocky 2024 yearbooks
thecreekybk
Rocky 2024 yearbooks

On May. 10, Rocky 2024 yearbooks will be passed out during 2A classes, if you do not have a 2A class or will not be present, students may pick year books up the same day after school from the journalism room. In addition to year books being passed out, yearbook club is hosting a yearbook distribution party on May. 10 during lunch and advisory. The party will have a live DJ, rock paper scissors tournament, outdoor Jenga, outdoor spike ball, and photo backdrops. Students who participate in the rock paper scissors tournament are eligible to win a 50-dollar Dutch Bros gift card if they win the tournament.In addition to games and live music the party will have multiple food trucks present including Kona Ice, Stella’s Ice cream, Worlds Best Corndogs, Rockin’ BBQ, Acai Bowls and Smoothies, Tatiana’s Taco Truck, and Fresh Squeezed Lemonade.

Many yearbook club members encourage students to attend the distribution party.

Anonymous yearbook club member states “Students should definitely attend the party, there’s food, games, and you could win a Dutch gift card.”

School yearbooks have been around for centuries and have been a way for graduated high school students to look back on their past friends, clubs they participated in, and memories. The concept of yearbooks first originated in about the 17th century, and they were nothing more than a small notebook filled with students and teachers’ signatures. The concept of adding photographs into yearbooks didn’t begin until about the mid- 19th century, as stated by lisalisson.com, a website that specializes in family connections and finding ancestors.

Yearbooks can prove to be a very sentimental tool and resource for high school graduates to look back into their high school years and reminisce on old memories. Yearbooks can also provide a resource to see how things have changed and adapted throughout time. For example, colored photos and images didn’t make their way into yearbooks until about the 1960’s, and the addition of senior quotes is also relatively new as well, as stated by mentalfloss.com, a website dedicated to diving into history and facts of a variety of subjects.

Many Rocky students look forward to being able to look back on their old friends, photos, and memories that have been captured in their yearbook. If you are an underclassman who is undecided about purchasing a yearbook, it is recommended you purchase one within your remaining years spent at Rocky. Many seniors warn against not purchasing a yearbook and claim to regret not ordering a yearbook throughout high school.

Anonymous senior Rocky student states “I really should have bought one! I thought I wouldn’t care to look back on old memories but throughout my senior year I lots of friends, and it probably would be nice to be able to look back on old memories and remember all the fun I had.”

When asked if they had any advice, Olivia Bierman, graduated senior from Rocky states “I definitely recommend getting the yearbook, if you don’t you might regret it and you never know how much you will miss high school until you graduate.”

Show your support for Rocky yearbook by attending the yearbook distribution party on May. 10 during lunch and advisory outside under the skybridge and for more information and details follow Rocky Mountain High School’s yearbook page rocky.ybk.