The Student News Site of Rocky Mountain High School

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

The Rocky Roar Newspaper

Rocky Mountains Prom 2024!

Rocky+Mountains+Prom+of+2024.+
Hayley Scherer
Rocky Mountains Prom of 2024.

Prom, high schools all around the world celebrate prom or their own type of prom. Prom has been around since the 19th century. Now, what is prom? Prom is short for promenade and what it is it’s a big dance/celebration usually with a theme that corresponds with it, and which is held towards the end of the year.

Usually only the schools’ juniors and seniors are allowed to attend this dance unless they are a freshman or sophomore that has gotten asked to go with an upperclassman. It is also almost like a celebration of the seniors leaving and the juniors becoming seniors. One last thing they usually do is called prom royalty. This is prom prince and princess (Juniors) and a king and a queen (seniors). They get voted to be nominated for one of these positions. Each round about 2 people gets eliminated and eventually whoever has the most votes wins. They announce the winners towards the end of prom night.

Now, to talk about Rocky Mountains 2024 Prom. This year’s prom theme was Roaring 20’s and was a huge success. Going back to prom royalty, let’s hear what Rocky Mountains Prince, Princess, King, and Queen have to say about this experience.

The questions that were answered were. “What did you think of prom.” “What advice would you give to prom committee, is there anything you would tell them to fix for next year.” “How far did you think that you would have made it in the rounds.” And “If not you who would you have wanted to win.”

This year’s princess, Jayci Sharp, answered “Prom was super fun. I would say to add more decorations for the next year. I was not expecting to even be nominated for the voting rounds. If not me to win I would have wanted Caiden Fite to win.”

So, this was an exciting experience for them, and the seniors were very grateful for this being their last year and getting to experience before they go. And prom is something everyone should look forward to and get ready and get excited!